Sunday, February 11, 2007

For the record...

Prekshu has started addressing me as amma and doesnt get tired calling me amma atleast a hundred times a day. She started it around a week ago and from then there has been no stopping her ;-)

She can comfortably walk 10-12 steps now and i dare say her swaying gait looks cuter than the best catwalk any "Miss Universe/Miss World" could do!!!!

She recognises different rhymes and also has her own choices. She prefers "Jack and Jill" to "Mary had a little lamb". But then "Baa baa black sheep" is any time better than "Jack and Jill" because she can sing it in her own way......."Baa baa baa sheeeee" she says. And she loves "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and can do the twinkling with her hands ;-) She likes "The Itsy Bitsy spider" only if it is accompanied by actions from mummy. And "Over in the meadow" is another favorite of hers but my most favorite rhyme now. Gone are the days when I was busy trying to learn new programming languages. The "software engineer- turned -stay at home mommy" is busy learning rhymes these days and trust me its not easy!!!

She talks a lot these days, pointing to various objects. But the sounds that come out from her sweet little throat are "Annaa,Pipi, Pachi, Tappi, Puyi". Me and my hubby have a gala time trying to deciper what she is saying by spinning our own stories. She says "Avide" and "Evide" meaning "Over there" and "Where" with a lot of effort and a lot of stress on each letter as "Aa-Vi-Dee" and "Ee-Vi-Dee".

She is the sole authority on cleaning the house for she finds the tiniest peck that I or the vaccuum cleaner would have missed. But she is clever enough to hand it over to me saying "Itha" with an expression on her face which says "I have to take care of every tiny thing here. Mummy, what would you do without me?"

How true, what would me and my hubby do without our darling angel. Our lives have changed forever and our existence itself seems so much more meaningful!!

2 Comments:

Blogger My Journal said...

Shub, ur blogs are an inspiration for me to start blogging. U make it all so wonderful. 'Ithukku peru thaan Rasanai' as i would say in tamil.

February 24, 2007 at 9:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger varada said...

kalakre po.. your blog doesnt just tell us preksha's growing and how you feel about it. It makes me feel to get married soon and have a BABY!!! :-). send all the B'day pics.. may be a small video of preksha's walking... ;-)

March 11, 2007 at 9:42:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home