Sunday, December 3, 2006

The Talkative Prekshu

I have been regularly irregular in posting anything here about Prekshu's activities. Thats because I am busy writing a very long blog about Prekshu from the day of her birth till now...........for the purpose of setting the context. But guess that will have to wait now.

Prekshu is busy talking these days, mostly unrecognisable blabberings, but a couple of recognisable words too. She says "bow" very clearly every time she sees a dog in the park or the road. She even recognises a dog on the tv or in a book. The other word she is always saying is "itha" meaning here. When we ask her, "Prekshu evide?" meaning "Wheres Prekshu", she says "itha" instantly or sometimes even before we can complete the question ;-)

Now she also says "dada" for daddy, but everytime I teach her to say "amma" meaning mom, she purses her lips adamantly. But today when I told her "Tell amma", she pointed her index finger, a skill she acquired more than a month ago, and touched my nose and said "itha". I repeated the question many times to make sure it was not fluke and she responded the same way by touching me and saying "itha" and my joy knew no bounds. Prekshu uttering "amma" is not very far away I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger varada said...

Thats Great!! I could understand how you would have felt! and... teach her also "mama" and show my pic to her. :-) :-)

December 5, 2006 at 11:36:00 AM PST  
Blogger Sneha said...

Very nicely written!! Hope she calls you "amma" soon

January 18, 2007 at 6:46:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home