Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Promoted.....



Yes, my daughter has been promoted from a baby to a child and a toddler as she turned ONE year old on 23rd Jan 2007. We had a simple party at home with the decorations and balloons that I arranged and with Prekshu cutting the strawberry topped cake her dad got. Both her maternal and paternal grandparents watched the cake cutting live through the webcam and blessed her. Prekshu enjoyed the so called party, enjoyed licking the cream from the cake…………enjoyed playing with the cream by rubbing it on the floor.


She did look like a princess in her lacy lemon yellow frock. After the cake cutting ceremony was over, she decided to grant her grandparents with the sight of her walk and walked a few faltering steps which her grandparents thoroughly enjoyed. Then she enjoyed seeing all the birthday cards she had received from her aunt and cousins in the US of A and some from my friends. She was very well behaved throughout the day and I kept wondering if she realised she had crossed a major milestone and hence showing more maturity ;-) I kept praying that she should be so well behaved on the party day too which was to be on 28th. But she put all my doubts to rest the very next day, by being a little misbehaving at times. My daughter is growing up fast.......I am happy to see her develop as an individual but am sad too to lose my baby to the child she is soon becoming.

1 Comments:

Blogger My Journal said...

Oh so....................oooooooo Cu....uuute Prechu looks.
Honey, u write so well. U should start writing a book. I know u will someday.

February 24, 2007 at 9:33:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home