Monday, January 8, 2007

Her first step........

Prekshu took her first steps on saturday night. It was such an amazing thing to see..........and what I felt cannot be put into words. Every night before going to sleep, her walking practice session starts. The clever one practises any new skill on the bed until she is confident to try it out on the bare wooden floor. She has been trying to walk from past some days and finally on saturday night she managed to take four steps without falling. Its a different story that after that day, she hasnt been able to repeat it though she has been trying hard!! All she can manage now is one step ;-) , good enough, I would say !!

Time has flown so fast. The past year, the most eventful for me and my hubby went by at a rapid pace. In a few days, my darling daughter would be called a toddler officially. Is it almost a year since I used to be scared of holding her for she looked so delicate and helpless? Was it almost a year ago, that all she did was sleep, sleep and sleep? Seems just like yesterday and everything is still crystal clear in my mind. That was the time, when I wanted her to grow soon. But later when she was almost 6 months old I realised the importance of the first year and wanted time to move slowly. But as my husband says, time is the only constant thing, it would not change according to a first time mother's whims and fancies. Reminds me of something I read in some baby book...... "Relish the time while it lasts with your BABIES, because very soon they will be CHILDREN". How true!! My apologies to the original quoter since these were not his/her exact words but meant the same nevertheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger When I think of... said...

Hey, I was reading your old blogs, reliving the past... :)

The first thought when I read this blog was that - it is time for you to have another baby!

Any plans? Should I expect another blogsite soon? ;)

April 12, 2007 at 1:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home