Thursday, February 1, 2007

Amma..Amma..Amma..........Finally!!

25th January 2007 was a remarkable day for me........Prekshu called me "amma". First when she called me amma, I did not show the joy I felt because it might stop her from repeating it ;-) So I took it as it came............. for I was not sure of it. But within a few minutes there it was again ........ "amma"!! Wow..........it was sheer ecstasy for me.

I had never thought that a simple word like that would make me so happy ever. Until Prekshu was born, the true meaning of happiness had evaded me, I guess. Now I wonder how could I ever term what I felt when - I won an essay competition in school, got the first rank in my class, watched Indian cricketer Ajay Jadeja live on the field, cleared my engineering with good results, got a job in one of India's top IT companies - as happy. Also when I called my mother "mummy" a hundred times a day, I never realised the punch in that word, or the feelings it would have instilled in my mom when I first called her so.

Prekshu now says amma continuously in a string when she is upset, wants to be picked up or when I am not around and she is looking for me. She hasnt started calling me "amma" just to get my attention. And when I ask her "whos this" pointing to myself, she can only manage a "baba". How cute ;-)
Later in life, when she grows up and keeps calling me and if it irritates me, I have a blog to answer to--How much I had waited to hear that word from her!!

3 Comments:

Blogger When I think of... said...

Congratulations!! The little one calls me "Mamma" or "Ummy" depending on what she feels like at that moment... I still am so excited by it, that I never fail to answer, "Yes, Baby!". Usually, when she doesn't know the word to use, she substitutes it with "mamma"... It's so funny at times!! :) But, I am on top of the world!! :) Enjoy your moment...

February 4, 2007 at 3:41:00 PM PST  
Blogger When I think of... said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 4, 2007 at 3:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aru said...

Shubha - I read your posts, you are so good at this! I could actually feel your happiness :) Prekshu is a big girl now, but I am sure you relive the memories with these blogs :)

July 31, 2011 at 12:56:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home